EPISODE 5 – Scalp Micropigmentation with John Chandler
Welcome back to another episode of Valerie Weber’s INK-Credible Podcast. Today we are joined by John Chandler, the first-ever scalp micropigmentation technician on our show! John talks about exchanging his six-figure income job for the SMP profession – an industry which has affected him personally. We discuss the necessity for adequate training, the issues with industry standards and why apprenticeships should be the foundation of a career in this field. John talks about his wife’s continuous support and how she keeps him competitive in his business. He emphasizes the responsibility technicians carry when dealing with clients on this personal level and why they need to be educated in the process. Join us today to find out who John’s dreamcelebrity client is!
Key points from this episode
- Why he became involved in training.
- The importance of ongoing training support.
- Why an apprenticeship is the best way to learn this trade.
- Why he decided to give up his high-paying corporate job.
- The importance of having a strong support system.
- The necessity of being properly qualified.
- The benefit of educating your clients.
- The danger in quick-fix training and low industry standards.
- The need for business owners to take on apprentices.
- How his wife keeps him on his toes.
- The responsibility you carry as technician.
And much more!
Links mentioned in this episode
Amazon — amazon.com
John Chandler on Twitter — twitter.com/johncha99018131
Team Micro — www.teammicro.com
Team Micro on Instagram — instagram.com/team_micro
Meeting of Minds — meetingofminds.com
Lebron James — lebronjames.com