EPISODE 6 – Creating Opportunities In the Tattoo and Permanent Makeup Industry, With Liz Cook.
Welcome back to another episode of Valerie Weber’s INK-Credible Podcast, a show dedicated to the people of tattoo arts. On today’s episode we welcome Liz Cook, the co-owner of Rebel Muse Tattoo and creator of Ever After Pigments. Her amazing artwork gave her not just a recognized name in the tattoo industry, but amazing opportunities to work with some of the best in the business. With a BFA degree in studio painting and drawing from the University of North Texas, Liz made her way as an apprentice on the other side of the world at Abandoned Art in Perth, Australia. She has been invited to tattoo in multiple counties abroad and has multiple sponsorships with major tattoo brands. As a female artist, she has pushed her way to the top effortlessly with her vibrant, realism-meets-illustration tattoo style and crave for perfection. In this episode, she tells us about her beginnings and about her early past that some are unaware of. She opens up about how she made critical moves on opportunities that were presented to her as a result of her dedication and talent. For an insightful conversation with an amazing guest, stay tuned to today’s episode!!
Key points from this episode
- Liz’s background and how she got into permanent makeup.
- How Liz’s husband helped her overcome the obstacles in her tattoo practice.
- The toughest, most challenging part about Liz’s apprenticeship in Australia.
- Lack of education in the permanent makeup industry.
- When Liz first got into understanding the science of pigmentation..
- How Liz continually challenges herself and her tattooing style.
- iz’s time on TLC’s reality TV show, Tattoo Girls.
- What’s next for the Liz and the team at Rebel Muse Tattoo.
- The process for launching pigment products in other countries.
- Liability and safety responsibility that comes with producing pigment products.
And much more!
Links mentioned in this episode
Liz Cook — http://www.lizcooktattoo.com/INK
Liz on Twitter — https://twitter.com/lizcooktattoo
Rebel Muse Tattoo — http://rebelmusetattoo.com/
Abandoned Art — https://www.facebook.com/abandonedartwanneroo/
Ever After Pigments — http://www.everafterpigments.com/
Worldwide Ink Magazine — https://www.facebook.com/worldwideinkmag/
SullenTV — https://www.youtube.com/user/SullenTv
Eternal Ink Tattoo TV — https://www.youtube.com/user/EternalInkInc
StencilStuff — https://www.youtube.com/user/StencilStuff
Tattoos and Tomfoolery — https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/tattoos-and-tomfoolery
Tattoo Girls — https://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/tattoo-girls/
Dermagrafix Permanent Cosmetic Studio and Training Center USA — https://dermagrafix.net/
Explorer Tattoo Conference — http://explorertattoo.com/
Coalition for Tattoo Safety — https://coalitionfortattoosafety.org/