EPISODE 8 – Overcoming Health Struggles and Body Dysmorphia Through Permanent Makeup, With Kevin Langley
Joining us today, from St Helen’s Merseyside in the UK, is permanent makeup and scalp micro pigmentation expert, Kevin Langley. Kevin is the owner of KL Permanent Makeup and Scalp Studios. He and his team help their clients to look and feel their absolute best. Kevin is no stranger to wanting to look good and feel good himself. In today’s episode, Kevin opens up to us about his struggles with bodily dysmorphic disorder and how these struggles that he had to face held him back from certain aspects in his career and even forced him to turn his back on certain parts of the job that he absolutely loved. However, once he discovered permanent cosmetics it helped to curb his obsession with himself and give him a new purpose. Kevin has an incredible story and one that some of us can really relate to on one level or another. So be sure to join us today for a truly inspiring conversation!
Key points from this episode
- Why permanent makeup is not necessarily an easy industry to get into.
- Understanding the many hats of being a permanent makeup artist business owner.
- The therapeutic nature of doing permanent makeup.
- An overview of Kevin’s team in the studio.
- How Kevin first got into the permanent makeup industry.
- Why Kevin had to give up his first career because it was making him sick.
- The major struggles Kevin overcame with his health.
- Digging into Kevin’s “bad boy” persona and the negativity within the industry.
- A tattoo is a tattoo: permanent makeup, pigmentation, traumatic tattoos.
- Importance of continued learning in the permanent makeup industry.
- Learning to be authentically you; tell your story.
And much more!
Links mentioned in this episode
Kevin Langley — https://www.kevinlangleypmu.co.uk/
Kevin on Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/kevinlangleypmu/
KL Permanent Makeup on Facebook — https://www.facebook.com/kevinlangleypmu/
Team Micro — https://www.teammicro.com/
Meeting of Minds — https://www.meetingofminds.com/
Scalp Guru Conference — http://www.scalpsolutions.co.uk/scalp-micropigmentation-